I. Refereed Journal Articles
- Garcia, C., Rabadi, G., Abujaber, D., and Seck, M. (In Press), “Supporting humanitarian crisis decision making with reliable intelligence derived from social media using AI”, Journal of Homeland Security and Emergency Management.
- Garcia, C. (2023), “The synchronized multi-assignment orienteering problem”, Journal of Industrial and Management Optimization, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 1790-1812.
- Garcia, C. (2019), “Managing capacity at the University of Mary Washington’s College of Business”, INFORMS Journal on Applied Analytics, Vol. 49, No. 2, pp. 167-171.
- Garcia, C. (2018), “Optimal multiunit transfer over adversarial paths with increasing intercept probabilities”, IISE Transactions, Vol. 50, No. 11, pp. 989-996.
- Garcia, C., Rabadi, G., and Handy F. (2018), “Dynamic resource allocation and coordination for high-load crisis volunteer management”, Journal of Humanitarian Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 533-556.
- Lapke, M., Garcia, C., and Henderson, D. (2017), “The disconnect between healthcare provider tasks and privacy requirements”, Health Policy and Technology, Vol. 6 No. 1, pp. 12-19.
- Garcia, C. (2016), “A nearest-neighbor algorithm for targeted interaction design in social outreach campaigns”, Kybernetes, Vol. 45, No. 8, pp. 1243-1256.
- Garcia, C. (2016), “Resource-constrained scheduling with hard due windows and rejection penalties”, Engineering Optimization, Vol. 48, No. 9, pp. 1515-1528.
- Garcia, C. (2016), “Winner determination algorithms for combinatorial auctions with sub-cardinality constraints”, Computational Economics, Vol. 47, No. 3, pp. 401-421.
- Henderson, D., Lapke, M., and Garcia, C. (2016), “A comparative assessment of student learning of SQL injection”, AIS Educator’s Journal, Vol. 11 No. 1, pp. 1-8.
- Garcia, C. (2014), “A metaheuristic algorithm for project selection and scheduling with due windows and limited inventory capacity”, Kybernetes, Vol. 43, No. 9/10, pp-1483-1499.
- Koksalmis, E., Garcia, C., and. Rabadi, G. (2014), “The optimal exam experience: A timetabling approach to prevent student cheating and fatigue”, International Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 21 No. 3, pp. 263-278.
- Garcia, C. and Rabadi, G. (2013), “Exact and approximate methods for parallel multiple-area spatial scheduling with release times”, OR Spectrum, Vol. 35 , No. 3 pp. 639-657.
- Garcia, C. (2013), “Reverse logistics sourcing models with multiproduct reliability constraints”, International Journal of Modelling in Operations Management, Vol. 3 No. 2, pp. 134-148.
- Garcia, C. and Rabadi, G. (2011), “Optimising coordinated multi-team volunteer scheduling: a combined constraint programming and goal programming approach”, International Journal of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 183-194.
- Garcia, C. and Rabadi, G. (2011), “A Meta-RaPS algorithm for spatial scheduling with release times”, International Journal of Planning and Scheduling, Vol. 1, No. 1/2, pp. 19-31.
II. Refereed Conference Proceedings
- Rao, B., Thirugnanasambandam, S., and Garcia, C. (2018) “Lean digitization for enterprise improvement”, in Proceedings of the 2018 IISE Engineering Lean and Six Sigma Conference.
- Ande, T. and Garcia, C. (2015) “Data Envelopment Analysis for Assessment and Institution Effectiveness Practitioners”, in Proceedings of the Fifth Annual AALHE Conference, pp. 7-12.
- Lapke, M., Garcia, C., Henderson, D. (2015) “Healthcare Professionals’ Attitudes Toward Privacy in Healthcare Information Systems”, in Proceedings of the AMCIS 2015, pp. 1-12.
- Garcia, C. (2013) “Demystifying MapReduce”, Procedia Computer Science Vol. 20 pp. 484-489.
- Garcia, C. and Rabadi, G. (2012), “Robust optimization models for volunteer scheduling”, in Proceedings of the Annual Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference (2012). pp. 2926-2931.
- Garcia, C. (2012), “Real Estate Development Planning Using 0-1 Integer Programming”, in Proceedings of the 33rd International Annual Conference of the American Society for Engineering Management, October 17-20, 2012, Virginia Beach, VA, pp. 780-784.
- Garcia, C. and Goodrich, M (2010), “Potential Effects of Health Care Policy Decisions on Physician Availability”, in Proceedings of Modeling and Simulation (MODSIM) World 2010 Conference, October 13-15 2010, Hampton, VA.
- Garcia, C. (2009), “A Decision Model for Minimizing Critical Component Costs While Achieving a Target Quality of Service”, in Proceedings of INCOSE Conference on Decision Analysis and Its Applications to Systems Engineering, November 17-18 2009, Newport News, VA
- Garcia, C. and Rabadi, G. (2009), “An Optimization Model for Scheduling Problems with Two-Dimensional Spatial Resource Constraints”, in Proceedings of Modeling and Simulation (MODSIM) World 2009 Conference, October 14-16 2009, Virginia Beach, VA
- Garcia, C. and Griffith, T. (2005), “A Composable Behavior Modeling System for Rapidly Constructing Human Behaviors”, in Proceedings of I/ITSEC Annual Conference, Nov. 28 – Dec. 1 2005, Orlando, FL
III. Professional Practice Articles
- Garcia, C. (2023), “Optimizing Vacation Cabin Rental Revenues“, Towards Data Science, March 8, 2023.
- Garcia, C. (2022), “Last Mile Delivery From Multiple Depots in Python”, Towards Data Science, November 7, 2022.
- Pande, J., Garcia, C., Pant, D. (2013), “Optimal component selection for component based software development using pliability metric”, Software Engineering Notes, Vol. 38, No. 1, pp. 1-6.
IV. Book Chapters
- Garcia, C. and Rabadi, G. (2016), “Approximation Algorithms for Spatial Scheduling”, In: Rabadi, G. (ed) Heuristics, Meta-heuristics and Approximate Methods in Planning and Scheduling, Vol 236 of the series International Series in Operations Research & Management Science, Springer Science + Business, New York, pp. 1-16.
- Henderson, D., Lapke, M., and Garcia, C. (2013), “SQL Injection: A Demonstration and Implications for Accounting Students”, American Accounting Association Information Systems Section Midyear Meeting and AIS New Scholar Consortium, Ft. Lauderdale, FL – Nominated for Best Paper of Conference.
- Chavez-Negrete, R. and Garcia, C. (2012), “Strategic Implications of Applying the Deming Cycle to Reverse Logistics Networks”, presented at 18th International Deming Research Seminar, February 27-28, 2012, New York, NY.
VI. Popular Media
- Garcia, C. (2023), “Ethics and Revenue Management”, Medium, March 27, 2023.
- Free Lance-Star Editorial Staff (2019), “Tweaking Smart Scale’s Metrics”, in the Free Lance-Star, January 5, 2019.
- Garcia, C. (2014), “Big Data Analysts Give Businesses an Edge”, in the Free-Lance Star, March 21, 2014.
- Garcia, C. (2013), “How Do Credit Scores Work?”, in the Free-Lance Star, October 27, 2013.